Friday 31 October 2014

NaNo Eve

Its Friday! Again I'm not going to youth! (This is getting depressing) No, I'm just sitting here, listening to music and blogging, with a touch of Pintrest! But there is something different about this night. Yes, it is the day before NaNoWriMo! The last day of October.
I've been raving about this NaNoWriMo thing all month, and now its here, I'm starting to feel slightly nervous about it. I will start at 12:00 am this morning (Just for the kick off) 

I made a character quote/picture of Alice. 


Am I ready? Well with it being NaNoWriMo eve, yes I am prepared! I have got a nice stash of good old coffee, and snacks. As ready as I could ever be. All I can think of is 'How am I going to introduce the opening scene?' What is the opening scene going to be? Well this I will have to find out when the time comes! 

I'm looking forward to the pep talks this year. I got the first one from Kami Garcia, author of Beautiful creatures. Her pep talk is Here! The other ones will be from Jim Butcher, Tamora Pierce, Veronica Roth, Brandon Sanderson, and Chuck Wendig
These pep talks are really helpful letters written by well-known authors during the month of November. 


I just wanted to share the blog Ravens and Writing Desks. They are an amazing read. Lots of really good inspiration and wisdom from some wonderful girls. (I do lots of promotions of blogs on here). They are doing NaNoPlaMo. Planning posts for Camp/NaNoWriMo. Giving advice on subjects such as, Plot, Characters and Setting. So head on to them for some broad writing advice. 
Don't forget that there is also GoTeenWriters for the writing experience for teens writers! 

I'll be back tomorrow with my first NoNoProgress post, where I will keep you updated with my word count, writing progress, and other random things I have to talk about. I will also throw in a daily author quote about writing. Looking forward to it! 

-Rachel    

No comments:

Post a Comment