Saturday 1 November 2014

NaNoProgress: Day two/Freezing moments

Word count: 3,617

Making progress! Yes! I am not yet behind. I don't really know what to talk about! So this will just be a small post.
How is my story going? Well at the moment, no where! I going to go and shove my brain with so fiction. I'm reading the book Spark by Rachael Craw. I'm really liking it! I think I've got a soft spot for Sci Fi! (I read a lot of Sci Fi)

I'm waiting for my moment of clarity. The moment where I will sit down with my laptop and just write the most beautiful and meaningful words ever! But at the moment I am suck on what ever clumsy thing comes to mind! Racing my time and all that.

Author Inspiration: But to the topic of authors! I did a draw today. (meaning I had no idea which author would share their wisdom) so I chose Susan Collins. For all ye Sci Fi/Dystopia/futuristic/fantasy people, here is a quote by Susan Collins.
"Telling a story in a futuristic world gives you this freedom to explore things that bother you in contemporary time."
Very true! But also to the extent of being able to create your own world. Being able to express a situation in a way that someone can understand. (Parables, like Jesus did to help the people understand the deeper meanings. Writers do the same thing. Getting a message across in a story form.)

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment