Wednesday 21 January 2015

The Art of Characters Linkup: Protagonists

Hello Readers.

So I've been doing a lot of blogging in the past couple of days. But that is okay. Hopefully you don't all mind me over loading this blog. But I might as well make the best of it.

Today I would like to do a link up created by Victoria over at Tori's Blog. I found this and got really exited. Anything to do with building and sharing more about a character is always tons of fun,




















So there are some rules (so you guys can do it too)

Step 1.) Find three pieces of art that describe your character. This can be your own drawings or cosplays or sculptures, someone else's art (with their permission and/or crediting of course), celebrity pictures, or a combination of the three.

Step 2.) Answer the questions below about your character's description and link back to this blog so if anyone else wants to participate they know where to go.

Step 3.) Put it all in a blog post.

Step 4.) When you post it, link up here and you're done! (the link above)


So I am going to do Jack Heron from the Neverland Trilogy. He is not the main focus in the first book. But he does come into the second and third book more. But I thought Iris might be a bit hard to do for this link up. And cause Iris narrates the first book, we don't get highly detailed glimpse at her. But with Jack, Iris is always keeping an eye on him. So I have this highly detailed description of his outer appearance.

I have not done any drawings of him. Nore of any other characters. (Though I can draw, and I love to. I just have been really lazy about it lately...) So here are just some photos I found on Pinterest. None of these pictures belong to me.

First picture of him. It took ages to find something that looked close enough to him. 



Drawing by Burge Bug (at least I think that is how you spell it) I like this drawing,
cause it makes me think of Jack and Iris. (Iris has white hair)

Another photo I found on Pinterest.




1.) What does your character's eye, skin, and hair color tell about him/her?


Jack is a Shadow. So he has dark brown hair, and deep dark brown eyes. That is the common trait in the appearance of any shadow. Very dark. The think about his (shadows) eyes, is that they look like they are looking into your very soul. Shadow eyes make you think that they can see the darkest parts of you. And to an extent, that is very true. 
Skin on the other hand. He just has kinda light bronze, maybe, I don't know. 


2.) What does your character's hairstyle tell about him/her?


Jack has really thick long hair. When I say long, I don't mean hippy. I mean thick lots of hair that fall all over his head. This hair style shows that Jack is really care free, (most guys are) But Jack is from a rather wealthy family. And is expected to reach expectations of someone from his rank. But he doesn't care. He spends most of his time on the street. 


3.) What does your character's default outfit tell about him/her?


Oh this is my favorite Jack question. Again going back to Shadow culture. They wear everything dark. And by dark I mean black and dark grey, (sounds like batman...) any way. 
So Jack will always be wearing black jeans (skinny jeans) and a black hoodie with a huge hood that covers up the face really well. That is when he is not wearing a school uniform though. But he's always wearing the Jacket. 
He's almost always wearing the hood, so you can't see his full face. And I feel like he does that to hide who he really is. 


4.) Does he/she have an object(s) he/she carries around a lot?


Jack does have this ring on a woven bracelet. The ring has a mysterious bird on it. But he has no idea what it is, or what the ring is for. His Grandmother left it for him in her Will. But to Jack this item is very important to him.  


5.) Does he/she have any particular scars or birthmarks?


I don't know actually. I don't know Jack well enough to know if he has anything like that.  



6.) Does he/she have any piercings or tattoos?


Shadows tend to get things like this. Tattoos, piercings. Crazy things like that. But then again. I don't think Jack has anything like that currently. Though he might end up having a tattoo in the second book. 


7.) How does he/she carry themselves? Shoulders back? Eye contact? Eyes down? Slumped shoulders?

Jack tends to be a very guarded, yet sly. He often keeps his head down. But when he smiles, Iris says "The look he gives me is the look I would think a murder would give his victim before he stabbed them to death." In other words, he has a sly smile. 
He walks straight. That shows that he has been bought up in a higher class house hold. 

    
8.) What is his/her default expression? Smiling? Frowning? Solemn?


He kind of just has a very serene expression. But distant, like he's waiting for something to happen. 



9.) Does he/she wear make-up or face paint?


At one point in the first book Jack has his face painted. But that is the only time. Other wise, no. 


10.) Does his/her physical appearance change at any time? For example: If they have a power do their eyes glow or hair turn blue?

Nope. Jack stays the same. Though on powers. The Shadow race have a gift of a kind. (it doesn't change them) But if a Shadow is trained well enough. They can tune into a persons death frequency. So can hear a persons death song in a way. But not many Shadows are Strong enough to hold it. Or don't want to learn how cause its to painful. (That was random. But I just had to share..)

So that is it. This was a great link up! Thanks Victoria. :)

-Rachel

4 comments:

  1. I WANT TO DO THIS. But I have so much I want to blog right now. The struggle!

    Why does he get his face painted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tons of fun to do! Looking forward to reading all your posts. :))
      He paints his face painted for a secret festival that no one had done for 200 years. One of my favorite scenes actually. Though needs lots of work in the understanding of why they did it. :))

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for participating, Rachel! ^ ^ The Shadow concept sound really cool. :D Good luck writing it. ^ ^

    Stori Tori's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victoria. I enjoyed this link up. :)))

      Delete