I just found a writers tag created by one of my favorite book tubers Sara Ella and her Friend Sara Crawford. I do not have book-tube (yet). So I am just going to do it over here. And I encourage any of you bloggers to do this tag as well. Spread the love. Remember to take a look at their blogs and channels, and subscribe. Don't forget to credit them.
A few rules before we begin.
- Thank the person who tagged you. leave a link to their blog.
- Answer the ten questions.
- Re-post the picture.
- Tag 5-10 bloggers.
- Have fun!!!
1. What kind of writer are you?
I am a writer of poetic metaphorical YA fiction. I like to write fantasy, contemporary, Dystopian fiction. I enjoy creating new worlds within our world, whether that be in the future, or in modern time.
2. When did you start writing? What made you want to try it?
I always wanted to be a writer. When I was a little girl I would make "books" and write stories in them. As I grew up I would write stories in my head, but never write them down. Up until last year, I could hardly put words down on paper. The motivation came when I found out about NaNoWriMo, and I wrote and finished my first ever novel Clandestine.
3. What inspires your stories?
Songs, Pictures on pinterest, Dreams, people I know. One little things can set off a shock wave of inspiration. And It is beautiful.
4. What themes do you like to explore in your writing?
Sisterhood, mental illness, the power of humanity, and the power that we have over each other. I don't know...something like that.
5. Are you a pantster or a plotter or a bit of both?
I'm more of a planner. I like to have an idea, or some sort of plan written out before I sit down. I will write up a document on the idea, and how I will develop that into a story plan.
6. Where are you at in your journey? Querying, agented, published?
Still in the writing stage. But I want to be all the above in the next couple of years!
7. Have you ever entered any writing contests? Finaled? Won?
No. I want to enter a writing contest. I'm hoping to do so in the next couple of months to a year.
8. Who are your writer heroes?
Tahereh Mafi is my biggest writing inspirational person. Her style inspired me to write the way I do. I also love John Green, Veronica Roth, Markus Zarkus, Keira Cass, Racheal Craw, Jennifer Niven...Etc.
9. Have you been to a writing conference? Share your best or worst conference experience.
It is a dream of mine to attend a writer conference. Maybe one day,
10. Top 3 tips you'd give to newbie writers?
One: Write like you're talking. Make things flow.
Two: Keep dreaming. No idea is to BIG or to SMALL.
Three: Keep Writing.
TessaAnn@Books,Bubbles,&Arohanui // Opal@OpalSwirls // AdrianaGabrielle@TheLibrarianFiles // BrettMichaelOrr // Aimee@ToTheBarricade! // Tori@Tori'sBolg // MorganLeAnne@BackToTheDrawingBoard // Cait@PaperFury
Have fun with this tag!
Until Next Time -Rachy