Sunday 26 July 2015

Writing A Dream

Hello World

I'm back. I've been gone a long time. And that is because course is very busy right now. And I have not had any energy to do anything. Today I am here to talk to you about my dream that I am writing.
I don't know how many of you have every had a dream and remembered just enough to write about it. But seeing as this dream was some kind of a nightmare. I am not surprised it is still fresh in my mind. That is why I am putting all my other projects down and writing it down now, while it is still fresh in my mind. This story is a mixture of Jane Eyre, and the Secret Garden. So you kind of see the point.

The story is about a girl named Rachel Mackenzie. Who from a young age was orphaned and now is being claimed by her royal uncle the Duke of Nawvanshire house. An old mansion. The only thing she has left from the outside is a boy named Kyle who was selected to be her bodyguard. She meets her cousins Eden, Logan, and Aimee, who introduce her and Kyle to the world of Nawvanshire. Rachel start's to learn the secrets of the house and the royal family and her past. And as trouble strikes, she learns that she will never be able to escape.

I have never felt more lost than I did in that house

The story is based in modern times. But when she gets to the house we can see a time swing. You get the feel of the 1800 - 1920 and modern time all together. The story is almost like a retelling of The Secret Garden, with the girl moving in with her rich uncle, and meeting her cousins. The Secret Garden has been a childhood favorite. So we will see where it goes.
I feel really bad about starting a new project. But How to be Invisible and Rule the World has come to a dead point, and I just need some time to pick it back up. And I believe it is good to take breaks and write something different. And I really love writing in this Genre. The kind of fantasy/ rusted. I think that was what I liked so much about Clandestine. It was just so different. It really shows how my mind works. Cause none of it is reality, making my writing an escape.

If this starts to work. Then I will share more. Take a look at my pinterest board BOOK IDEA: NAWVANSHIRE HOUSE to keep up with my idea generation.

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment