Monday 19 October 2015

Beautiful Books: An Introduction

I have been taking my time to post about this.
It is NaNoWriMo next month. Once again I am participating this link up hosted by Sky from Further up and Further in and Cait from Paper Fury. I loved doing this link up last year. 





How did you come up with the idea for your novel, and how long have you had the idea?

I wanted to write something completely new for NaNo this year. The first thing that came to mind was the fact that I was going to be writing this very close to summer. So I thought, why not write a summer contemporary? Which is completely off the grid for me. I had some random ideas mixed about with no story to put them in; so I mixed them all together.

The thought of the idea kind of came from watching Pretty Little Liars (I love this series... But I am not done... So don't anybody say anything) I thought it would be cool to write a mystery. And have a very mysterious character like Alison.


Why are you excited to write this novel?

Cause it is fairly different to what I originally write. Looking back on all my stuff I'm a bit of a dark writer. So this will be lightening it up a bit.

It's based in the summer. When I was younger, my family and our best friend family would always go to the beach, and have adventures with each other. I guess this is a gateway for me to write about events.

The characters are going to be very diverse. And I am looking forward to writing a different narration, with a complicated character. The dialogue is going to be fun to write. (It's gonna be sharp)


What is your novel about, and what is the title?

My Novels Name is We All Fall Down (yes like the nursery rhyme) I really can't say to much about it at this point. There is a lot to be sorted out at the moment. 

So basically what I can say at the moment is that. The story is based in the summer after a series of events. The main characters is Kenna, a 16 year old girl from wealthy family, goes with her family to stay at her recently deceased grandfather's rundown villa, in a small coast town.
Kenna is smart intelligent and devious. Summer was the time that her family could all be together. And her friends could reconnect. And all they needed was their imagination to set them free. But it only took one summer For. It. All. To. Come. Crashing. Down.

this is not going to be cliche. It will get better than that description.

Sum up your characters in one word each
Kind of hard to say. I don't really know any of my characters at the moment.
So this is the best I can do for ya.... (if youknowhati'msaying)


Kenna: Mischievous/hostile

Renee: Daddy's Girl

Amber: Babe

Hilton: Legend

Michael: Dark Horse

Macy: Tattle Tale

Miller: Joker



Which character(s) do you think will be your favourite to write? Tell us about them! 

Kenna will be my favorite. She is very complicated, outrageous character. I have big plans for her narration. Kenna is one of those characters you will have mixed feelings about... you both love her and despise her at the same time.


What is your protagonist’s goal, and what stands in the way?

Still working on this part... It will be for Kenna to understand and come to terms with what happened. What stands in her way? Herself and the people about her. That's all I know, and all I'll say at this point. (I'm still in the the planning stage)


Where is your novel set? (Show us some pictures if you have some)


It is set in a small coast town (I'm not sure where) Kenna's grandparents own on old Villa. In which the family go stay each summer. The town is very old fashioned. Like it reached the 80's and got caught in a time loop. It swells in population over the summer.















What is the most important relationship your character has?

This is a very hard question for one: I haven't gotten that far in the planning. And two: Kenna has kind of important relationships with just about every character. But Renee and Amber are her best friends... so at this point those are the most important.


How does your protagonist change by the end of the novel?

I have honestly not thought about the end... (I'm so prepared this year.... Not) And besides. Even if I did know. I think that would ruin the story.


What themes are in your book? How do you want your readers to feel when the story is over?

This book potentially has feels. It's about friendship, and the truth. And that we have to accept the things that happen... (Don't  quote me on any of this... this is all off the top of my head)
Oh and METAPHORS. We cant for get the metaphors!

I have a feeling like my readers will want to kill me after this one. But also feel the fun times, and lightheartedness that comes with the story. 


NaNoWriMo BONUS: Tell us your 3 best pieces of advice for others trying to write a book in a month.

One: Make friends.

Two: Punch procrastination in the face.

Three: Stay alive.


We can be writing BUDDIES! My NaNo Profile Iris Rachelle


-Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I love your advice! XD Punching procrastination is an excellent idea...and something I need to remind myself very seriously next month. hehe Ohhh, your book sounds really nice! And I love that it's all summery. THAT IS SO GREAT. And it sounds like it has a bit of a darker side to balance out the lightness? That should be epically wonderful to write. I also adore your title. ;)
    Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Procrastination is one of my biggest problems.
      Thank you! Yes there is a darker side and a lighter side. All of my stories end up having something very deep.
      I enjoyed the tag :) Thank you

      Delete